To get the best possible experience using our website we recommmend that you upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer, or switch to another web browser. IE8 (or below) is no longer supported. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Click on the links to get to the download page.
MRCagney is a leading independent transport and planning consultancy, with a reputation for excellence and innovation across the fields of urban transport and mobility. We have offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Auckland, and operate internationally in Asia and the Pacific.
From our inception, MRCagney has been involved extensively in complex urban mobility projects. Our company ethos is "better transport, better places, better choices". This ethos is about making a positive, sustained contribution to the people and communities that we work with. We aim to create and support well connected, vibrant and liveable places, giving people better, more sustainable travel choices. We apply this passion and our 'people-first' approach to the places, towns, cities and countries in which we work.
Transport planning to us is about people, not numbers, and we specialise in providing pragmatic, real-world advice that our clients can follow with confidence. Our services range from strategic management and business consulting through to technical transport, planning, urban design, and engineering.
Our Brisbane office is MRCagney’s head office, including members of our Transit and Transport Strategy, Traffic, Design Services and Economics practice groups. The largest of our three offices, the Brisbane office has been a key player in shaping development of the public transport network in South East Queensland, as well as throughout Australia, New Zealand and overseas.
About this role
We are seeking an enthusiastic public transport planner to join our team in Brisbane, to help us continue to make a difference to the cities and communities around us. Based in our Brisbane office, you will help us to deliver projects in South East Queensland and possibly throughout Australia and New Zealand.
As a member of our consultancy team, you will be involved in all aspects of our business with responsibilities including business development, marketing, bid preparation, project management, and technical report writing. While this role is focussed on the delivery of public transport planning work, our small size and diverse work pipeline require an ability to think critically and work across disciplines, as no two projects are exactly the same.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. As an independent, staff-owned company, our workplace culture supports flexible working arrangements (including part-time roles) and the open sharing of ideas on how to continually improve the services we offer.
You are a transport professional who is looking to take the next big step in your career. Maybe you want to break away from the stifling environment of a large international consultancy, want to work on exciting public transport projects across Queensland and Australia or work with a team that is genuinely trying to make a positive difference. No matter what your background, we offer opportunities and flexibility that few of our competitors can match.
You will work in our Brisbane office within the Transit practice area. You are passionate about your work and making a difference in the community. You are motivated and you enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
You have a few to several years’ professional experience, and will help us win and deliver projects for clients in South East Queensland and elsewhere. Regardless of experience, you are a person who revels in the chance to apply technical capabilities and powers of critical reasoning to help us shape a better world.
Following is a list of attributes for which we are looking—we recognise this is a long list, and do not expect any single candidate to satisfy every item. These are broken into two lists: a list of “must haves”; and a list of attributes that would be “looked upon favourably”.
You must have the following attributes:
· Experience in public transport planning;
· Ability to analyse and interpret data and effectively communicate its meaning, including solid experience with Microsoft Excel;
· Understanding of the planning process and ability to think critically about complex, multidisciplinary problems;
· Understanding of, and interest in, the interrelationships between public transport and the urban built environment;
· Strong writing and report preparation abilities;
· Strong presentation skills and confidence to present to clients and stakeholder groups;
· Ability to work collaboratively and collegially within diverse project teams, with staff, with clients, and with stakeholders;
· Passion and awareness of how transport contributes to making better towns and cities; and
· A passion for your work and making a genuine positive difference in communities.
If you have the following attributes, these will be viewed favourably, but are not necessarily essential:
· Experience working within the South East Queensland transport planning context highly desirable;
· Experience working with or researching new and/or disruptive technologies such as autonomous vehicles, electric or alternative-fuel vehicles, intelligent transportation systems, fare collection systems or ride-share programmes;
· Experience with modelling in VISIM, Saturn, or other platforms;
· Analytics skills for management, analysis and presentation of very large, complex datasets;
· Spatial data analysis and mapping in GIS;
· Project management experience from the public sector or consultant side;
· Ability to travel and work freely on projects across Australia and New Zealand;
· Skills in mapping and illustration using the Adobe Creative Suite;
· Skills using other software, such as SketchUp or AutoCAD; or
· Experience in consulting.
If the above description sounds like you, and you think you would be interested in joining our team, please provide a well-written cover letter telling us about your experience, your passion, your goals and what you would bring to our team. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 February 2018.Get In Touch
We are always looking for talented, motivated individuals for roles in all parts of the company, throughout our offices in Australia and New Zealand. If you are considering new opportunities and are looking for somewhere to make a real difference, MRCagney has much to offer.
We are currently recruiting for the folllowing specific roles. Click on the links below or scroll down for more details.
Additionally, we welcome other potential candidates to get in touch via email at email@example.comGet In Touch